Monday, April 11, 2011

Coachability Quiz?

Last Week,I posted an article about how coachable do you think you really are. Today I found a Coachability Quiz that will let you know how coachable you really are.

I believe that most people are coachable but they're not always coachable at every point in time.
Sometimes people want change (or others around them want them to change), but they may not be currently open to changing their beliefs, behaviors and actions.
If that's the case, coaching won't work, and it's better to wait until you're more open to change to try coaching. Here's a quick quiz to find out if you're currently ready to benefit from coaching.

Select the number which comes closest to representing how true the statement is for you right now. Then, score yourself, using the key at the bottom of the page. Your coach needs for you to be at the place in life where you are coachable. This quiz helps the coach - and you - to discover how coachable you are, right now.

The scoring is the follwoing: 1 2 3 4 5, 1-2 Less True Statement and 3-5 More True Statement

I can be relied upon to be on time for all calls and appointments.

This is the right time for me to accept coaching.

I am fully willing to do the work and let the coach do the coaching.

I keep my word without struggling or sabotaging.

I'll give the coach the benefit of the doubt and "try on" new concepts or different ways of doing things.

I will speak straight (tell the truth) to the coach.

If I feel that I am not getting what I need or expect from the coach. I will share this as soon as I sense it and demand that I get what I want and need from the relationship.

I am willing to stop or change the self-defeating behaviors, which limit my success.

I am someone who can share the credit for my success with the coach.


I have adequate funds to pay for coaching and will not regret or suffer about the fee. I see coaching as a worthwhile investment for my life.

Total Scoring Key
10 - 20 Not coachable right now.
21 - 30 Coachable, but make sure ground rules are honored!
31 - 40 Coachable
41 - 50 Very Coachable; ask the coach to demand a lot from you!

Congratulations. By taking the time to conduct this brief self-test, you have just taken a small step towards exploring if having a coach in your corner is the next best step for you.

Survey courtesy of and copyrighted by Coach U Inc., www.coachu.com @2001, Coachville.com


Hopefully this helps!

Have a great day and to your success!

Lori

Lori McDowell
Internet Ceo Moms
Helping Moms Work From Home since 1999!

No comments:

Post a Comment