Monday, September 20, 2010

Famous Momisms

I think at one time or another we have all heard the famous mom sayings, I know I did and it is scary now, I am starting to use them. The circle of life.

· Money does not grow on trees.

· If I talked to my mother like you talk to me....

· Always change your underwear; you never know when you'll have an accident.

· Be careful or you'll put your eye out.

· What if everyone jumped off a cliff? Would you do it, too?

· You have enough dirt behind those ears to grow potatoes!

· If you can't say something nice, don't say anything at all.

· Don't put that in your mouth; you don't know where it's been!

· Be careful what you wish for, it might come true.

· What's meant to be, is meant to be.

· I hope that when you grow up, you have kids "Just Like you"!

· Because I'm your mother that's why.

· If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times.

· If you fall out of that tree and break your leg, don't come running to me.

· Because I said so.

· Just wait till your father gets home.

· No dessert till you clean off your plate.

I brought you into this world and I can take you OUT !!

· I've got eyes in the back of my head, that's how

· Just you wait until you have kids of your own - then you'll understand

· I slave for hours over a hot stove and this is the thanks I get?!

· Honestly... You'd lose your head if it wasn't on your shoulders!

Here are some interesting “Top Sayings From Biblical Mothers”


· Samson! Get your hand off of that lion. You don't know where it's been! (Judges 14:5-8)

· David! I told you not to play with that sling in the house! Go practice your harp. We pay good money for those lessons!

· Abraham! Stop wandering around the countryside and get home for supper!

· Shadrach, Meshach and Abednego! I told you never to play with fire!

· Cain! Get off your brother! You're going to kill him some day!

· Noah! No, you can't keep them! I told you, don't bring home any more strays!

· Gideon! Have you been hiding wheat in that wine press again? Judges 6:11)

· James and John! No more burping contests at the dinner table, please. People are going to call you the sons of thunder! (Mark 3:17)

· Judas! Have you been in my purse again?!

And the number one biblical saying of mothers is:

· Jesus! Stop working on that old wood and come in and eat! You'd spend you life on that wood, if your father asked you to!*



I hope you enjoyed these Momisms and it has brighten your day.


To your success!

Lori

Lori McDowell
Internet Ceo Moms
Helping Moms Work From Home since 1999!
www.MomsForGreen.com!

No comments:

Post a Comment